By Deal Town

Dean Hill’s late goal earned Deal a very welcome first away league win of the season on Saturday.

The Hoops’ skipper struck  12 minutes from time, heading home a Danny Smith free kick for his third goal in two matches, to decide a contest which, like the previous weekend’s game against Lordswood, featured plenty of red and yellow cards.

Sevenoaks finished the match with nine men after having two players sent off while Charlie Dickens was shown a straight red card for a second half challenge,  but it was the Hoops who came away with all three points.

Deal, who had young Gillingham player Henry Newcombe making his debut in goal, fell behind to an 11th-minute goal from Adam Marsh but Rene Rivera equalised with a 35th minute penalty.

Sevenoaks were reduced to 10 men before half-time for a bad challenge on Charlie Walsh, and the home side then lost a second player after the break as Deal, with John Brayne making a welcome reappearance from the subs’ bench,  battled to their first league win in 10 matches.

 The Hoops will now be hoping for a repeat performance when they travel to take on Rochester United on Tuesday night. 

One Response

  1. Seems like a feisty ol’ affair! How come we had the Gills lad playing? Was Roddy Hayward not available? Something needs to be done about the discipline,as three straight reds in the last two games doesn’t help the cause. Will be interesting to see what sort of team we put out on Tuesday night at Rochester. No more injuries or red cards please! 😉

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

More posts you might like...


You will have noticed this but we are proud to announce the main stand is officially the ‘Derek Hares Stand’. Having taken over in 2003,

Read More »


We are delighted to confirm that 18 year-old Jamie Kennedy has agreed terms to stay at the Charles Ground, ahead of our 24/25 Isthmian League

Read More »