SATURDAY’S SCEFL PREMIER DIVISION ROUND-UP (courtesy of the league website)

By Deal Town

Sevenoaks Town retained top spot thanks to two goals in the final six minutes which turned a looming 1-0 defeat into a 2-1 victory at Sheppey United on Saturday.

Rob Saunders put the home side ahead with his 24th-minute strike but, with time running out, Kenny Pogue equalised and then, in the final minute, the same player grabbed the winner. Sheppey are now in 12th place.

With Beckenham Town and Crowborough Athletic battling out a 2-2 draw it meant Whitstable Town jumped into second place thanks to their 2-0 home win over bottom club Hollands & Blair. Danny Williams opened the Natives’ account from the penalty spot in the first half and then Williams scored again from open play five minutes into the second half.

Back at Crowborough Tom Phipp put the home side in front after just nine minutes and then Junior Kaffo pulled Becks level six minutes later. Trevor McCreadie restored the Crows’ lead just before half-time but Shamik Farrell earned Becks a point in the second half.

After a goalless first half Croydon took the lead at Chatham Town when Raekwon Bailey-Allen converted a 63rd minute penalty. But the Trams had to settle for a share of the spoils however as Ben Nourse equalised in injury-time. Croydon are now fifth and the Chats are 16th.

Lordswood, who Deal play on Wednesday, are sixth after coming from 1-0 down to win 3-1 at Glebe. Brian Zepo put the home side in front after 17 minutes but a Dean Nash own goal meant the sides were level at half-time, and then second half goals from Joe Kane and George Blake secured the Lords’ victory.

Another comeback from 1-0 down was performed by AFC Croydon Athletic in their 1-1 home draw with Canterbury City. The Rams are in eighth place thanks to Luis Medina’s 48th-minute goal which cancelled out Dave Pilcher’s sixth-minute effort for City, who remain in 10th place.

Corinthian are in ninth position after their 3-2 home defeat by Rochester United. Michael Hurcomb gave the home side a 14th-minute lead but Andy Pierce levelled on the half-hour mark. Luke Saggers then put the Spartans in front but Chris McDermott brought the sides level again just after the hour mark. Merrick Sims then secured all three points for Rochester with 11 minutes to spare. The Spartans remain in 19th place.

Calum Willock made the difference between the sides when Cray Valley PMwon 1-0 at home to Bearsted. His 34th-minute goal means the Millers are now in 11th place while the Bears are in 13th.

Finally,Tunbridge Wells and Rusthall met in a local derby which the Wells won by the best-of-five goals. Stephen Harper gave Rusthall a half-time lead from the penalty spot but Jon Shea levelled 10 minutes into the second half. Stephen Smith put the Rustics back in front before Josh Biddlecombe equalised from the spot in the 75th minute. Greg Skinner then scored the Wells’ winner in time added on. The sides remain in 17th and 18th places respectively.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

More posts you might like...


You will have noticed this but we are proud to announce the main stand is officially the ‘Derek Hares Stand’. Having taken over in 2003,

Read More »


We are delighted to confirm that 18 year-old Jamie Kennedy has agreed terms to stay at the Charles Ground, ahead of our 24/25 Isthmian League

Read More »